Monday, March 16, 2009

Fearless Forecast: Grand Ole Opry

Because guessing (and being wrong) is more than half the fun, here's who I see rising and shining tomorrow, and who I see crashing and burning. Mind you, this is how I see the strength of the performances shaping up, not necessarily who I see ending up in jeopardy come results night. You'll get my take on that after Tuesday's show.

1) Adam Lambert - Focuses on singing more than performing
2) Alexis Grace - Expect something upbeat and fun
3) Matt Giraud - Playing a hunch
4) Danny Gokey - Nothing to worry about
5)
Michael Sarver - Solid once again
6) Allison Iraheta - Voice will be fine, song choice is the concern
7) Lil Rounds - Will be fine, but won't wow anyone
8) Megan Joy - Expect something moodier
9) Kris Allen - Couple spots too low? Couple too high?
10)
Anoop Desai - Chooses a safe song but doesn't impress
11) Scott MacIntyre - At his best, he's still the worst