Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Top 11 Stuido Recording Reviews

A little late, seeing as how it's Top 10 day. But, I'll post this anyway.

I love the studios because you see what each person can do when they have a chance to build a song through its natural progression. The often forced 0-60 nature of the live performances can come off awkward at times simply because of the time constraints.

Surely many will take issue with my high ranking of Adam's decidedly un-country recording, but I just think it's fantastic.

So here's my take, with an occasional comment thrown in.

1) Anoop Desai
2) Adam Lambert
3) Allison Iraheta
4) Matt Giraud -- Really liked this. I could come around on him.
5) Alexis Grace -- Had been looking forward to more of these from her...
6) Lil Rounds
7) Danny Gokey

8) Kris Allen -- He's okay, but I just do not get the intense love for him. In his comfort zone, fine, his voice is nice. But he has limited range, doesn't hit his high notes, and is thoroughly unspectacular. I relistened to his live performance a few times, and went into this with an open mind, too. Maybe I was just missing something. But I'm really not. He's unspectacular. I obviously need to account for the fact that many people like him, but he is not a great singer.

9) Megan Joy -- Quirky in a good way? Yes. Particularly good? Not really.

10) Michael Sarver
11) Scott MacIntyre